Alex Newton is a freelance industrial designer currently designing for local clients. In his free time he designs bicycles, the simple communication of information, and is fascinated with performance systems in near perfect symbiosis with efficiency.

Friday, February 26, 2010

someone beat me to the punch: patent

When I first thought of this project, back in late 2008, I did a patent search and was unable to find anything like what I had in mind.  Upon doing a search now, I have found a patent for a VERY similar design, pretty much covering all my ideas.  However my system is based around the LED member to be removed and become part of many other aspects in climbing games and nighttime events.  Kind of disappointing, but not really, because I never set out to get this idea patented or even make a dime off of it. Well, I'll be indirectly paid, by getting a job because of it, hopefully speaking.


I am curious to know if I were to contact him and show this blog...could we collaborate?

cheers,
alex

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am an Industrial Designer. I love time on two wheels.