Alex Newton is a freelance industrial designer currently designing for local clients. In his free time he designs bicycles, the simple communication of information, and is fascinated with performance systems in near perfect symbiosis with efficiency.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Heat Waves

















I added the heat paths to the sketches.  
Exhaust gas is diverted around the riders shoe and leg.  This project was a very fast project, from Solidworks to CNC prototype within two days.  Design doesn't always have the luxury of time.  This project represents my knowledge of our shops CNC machine capability and how far 6061 aluminum cnc design could be pushed.  The shape is a balance between optimal flow and optimal material deletion.  The addition of the CM logo was welcome, because along with the stealth look of these bikes, comes the question, "Well, who makes this!"

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am an Industrial Designer. I love time on two wheels.