Alex Newton is a freelance industrial designer currently designing for local clients. In his free time he designs bicycles, the simple communication of information, and is fascinated with performance systems in near perfect symbiosis with efficiency.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

hypershot load fail / success!

After unsuccessfully trying to load in my full assembly into Hypershot, I had to delete all  unnecessary parts (bolt and bottom, frosted LED housing piece) for it to successfully load.  I am perplexed, because the full Solidworks assembly was under 4mb...  Nevermind, it is now loading into the rendering software, test complete.

I will now begin to map out clearer rock climbing wall, load into Hypershot and render away.  I have opted out of trying to get the emissive light technique rendering from HS and will create the scattered light with Photoshop.  After having played with the emissive material it is just not worth it, poor results and way too much rendering time.

This was just a test! Final portfolio ready image will be something like the last image shown, with my exploded view showing all components involved.  This image shows the rock climber's intended path, amongst so many other holds.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am an Industrial Designer. I love time on two wheels.